Professional Scrum Master
Taught by Joshua Partogi
November 19-20, 2012 in 서울, South Korea
Get Professional Scrum Master Certified and get in depth Scrum knowledge from the home of Scrum. Learn how you can get your high-quality software released as early as possible and win over your competitors. This course will be delivered in English.
This training is primarily targeted at those responsible for the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum in a project or enterprise.
After class, attendees will have 14 days to take the Professional Scrum Master I online assessment, which consists of 80 multiple choice questions. If they score 85%, they will receive PSM I certification. The cost of the first attempt is included in the price of the PSM class. Subsequent attempts are $100 each. Attendees do not need to go to a test centre to take the online assessment and can take the assessment anywhere they wish, including from Starbucks, as long as they have a reliable and fast internet connection.
Registration for this class has closed.
The Professional Scrum Master course (previously known as the Scrum In Depth course) covers Scrum basics, including the framework, mechanics, and roles of Scrum. But it also teaches how to use Scrum how to optimize value, productivity, and the total cost of ownership of software products. The purpose of the Professional Scrum Master course is to give students a solid grounding in Scrum and its core principles, from which they can make opportunistic decisions about how to use it best. Students learn why certain decisions are better than others, and why some support Agility while others ultimately lead back to waterfall. They will also learn how to use Scrum productivity metrics to monitor the results of their decisions and how to optimize those results.
Getting the most out of Scrum requires a solid knowledge of how it works and why. The Professional Scrum Master course will cover these as well as several advanced topics, like managing risk and optimizing total cost of ownership, that build on Scrum’s underlying principles. Students learn through instruction and team-based exercises, and they are challenged to think on their feet to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Scrum Basics. What is Scrum and how has it evolved?
- Scrum Theory. Why does Scrum work and what are its core principles? How are the Scrum principles different from those of more traditional software development approaches, and what is the impact?
- Scrum Framework and Meetings. How Scrum theory is implemented using time-boxes, roles, rules, and artifacts. How can these be used most effectively and how can they fall apart?
- Scrum and Change. Scrum is different: what does this mean to my project and my organization? How do I best adopt Scrum given the change that is expected?
- Scrum and Total Cost of Ownership. A system isn’t just developed, it is also sustained, maintained and enhanced. How is the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of our systems or products measured and optimized?
- Scrum Teams. Scrum Teams are self-organizing and cross-functional; this is different from traditional development groups. How do we start with Scrum teams and how do we ensure their success?
- Scrum Planning. Plan a project and estimate its cost and completion date.
Predictability, Risk Management, and Reporting. Scrum is empirical. How can predictions be made, risk be controlled, and progress be tracked using Scrum.
- Scaling Scrum. Scrum works great with one team. It also works better than anything else for projects or product releases that involve hundreds or thousands of globally dispersed team members. How is scaling best accomplished using Scrum?
The Professional Scrum Master course is primarily targeted at those responsible for the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum in a project or enterprise. Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Understand the basics of project management.
- Understand requirements and requirements decomposition.
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product.
- Have studied the Scrum Guide.
- Have read one of the Scrum books.
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it in an organization.
80% of the Scrum Certification course fee will be refunded for cancellations more than 7 days in advance of the course. No refunds will be provided for cancellations within a week of the course.