Scrum.org Certifications: PSD I, PSDT, PSM I
Affiliations: Microsoft Inner Circle Partner, Microsoft MVP
Adam Cogan is the Chief Architect at SSW, a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner specializing in custom .NET, SharePoint and CRM solutions (with a splash of Business Intelligence). At SSW, Adam has been developing custom solutions for businesses across a range of industries such as Government, engineering, banking, insurance and manufacturing since 1990 for clients such as Microsoft, Worley Parsons and Aurecon.
Some of Adam’s project highlights have been:
- Being lead developer on Australia’s first live ASP.NET site – using a version that was pre Beta 1
- Developing the Smart Tag implementation for Quicken Australia
- Developing the Reporting Services and Exchange Server samples for Microsoft that turned into a hugely popular Exchange Reporting Tool. Giving the first BI solutions on Exchange Server Data.
- Developing the SharePoint site for Worley Parsons which was the largest public facing site at the time (it used the built in Web Content Management features, proving the SharePoint Platform for all companies)
Adam is one of only three Microsoft Regional Directors in Australia. In this role, he regularly presents in conferences such as TechEd (USA, Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia). A couple of times a year, he visits Microsoft headquarters in Seattle to learn the latest on Microsoft strategic directions and to undertake training in development technologies. His favourite Microsoft teams that he loves to work with are Brian Harry’s TFS 2010 team and Tom Rizzo’s SharePoint 2010 team.
At SSW, Adam enjoys working with the teams, improving their usuage of Scrum and TFS 2010, reviewing the architecture of large .NET projects, while also taking an active interest in the overall User Experience (UX).
In addition Adam is a regular speaker at SSW Tech Breakfasts and conferences, including:
- Microsoft Tech Ed in USA (a highlight being a highly rated joint session with Billy Hollis), Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia
- Microsoft Tech Ed in Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia (a highlight being #4 (of 90) rated speaker in NZ after a bad sheep joke!)
- Microsoft Roadshows
- Dev Days Australia wide
- VS Live Australia and Chicago
- IDC Conferences South Africa and SGW Forum’s DevCons
- Code Camp Australia, New Zealand and San Diego
- SQL Code Camp Australia and New Zealand
- University of Sydney and University of Technology, Sydney
He recently made a guest presentation on ‘XML for Database Developers’ at the Texas PC User Group in which he was well received.
In his spare time, Adam runs the Microsoft .NET User Group in Sydney, is the chair of the Speaker Bureau of the APAC INETA organization and is actively involved in the regional INETA management process.
Made in Australia, UK and China
8 years ago Adam took SSW beyond Australia. Today all SSW developers work closely with the Beijing Team. SSW develops high quality software with high performing teams for the US, Australian and UK markets.
Adam runs SSW’s BrainQuest: TFS and SharePoint 2010.
more at www.adamcogan.com
You can read more about Adam Cogan at sharepoint.ssw.com.au/AboutUs/Employees/Pages/Adam.aspx.
Upcoming Courses by Adam Cogan
|July 1-3||Perth, Australia||Professional Scrum Developer (.NET)||Register >|
|September 4-6||Adelaide, Australia||Professional Scrum Developer (.NET)||Register >|
|September 9-11||Melbourne, Australia||Professional Scrum Developer (.NET)||Register >|
|October 14-16||Sydney, Australia||Professional Scrum Developer (.NET)||Register >|